Sunday, March 6, 2016

Leap Day

February 29, 2016. An extra day. Well, I don't remember what I did on the 29th February of 2012. But, yeah, this year, this day, I will always remember in my life. I got closure in both my professional and personal life. I have been aimless on both the sides since quite a long time. Professionally, I had been looking for a change since a long time. I was not finding sense in what I was doing since four long years. It was becoming a drag. Just a doer. This was not what I did an MBA for. I believe in creating and delivering value. This job was sounding like a nagging wife. Something you can't get rid of and still keep doing it. I had been looking out and making efforts for a change. But nothing was clicking anywhere. Finally, it happened on this day. I got a breakthrough in the role I wanted to try. New frontiers. New charters. New people. New culture. New challenges. New boss. New place. But yes, I am game for it. Thus, I heaved a sigh of relief.

However, on this day, I didn't have any guy in my life with whom I could share my happiness. I was so much reminded of Chetan Bhagat's famous lines "There's no point in getting a promotion on the day of your breakup." This day, I also got closure on personal front. The guy I loved got married to someone else. And so, it led to an official closure towards him. Difficult to breathe in. But yes, shit happens. I don't know where my personal life is heading. 

What I am today, it's all because of my never-give-up attitude towards life. And,I refuse to give up in life. I refuse to give up. I refuse to give up. 

No comments: